Monday, March 10, 2008

Breakfast in Dallas, Dinner in Laredo

I am definitely getting around this trip out. Usually I stay in one area more or less when I do my 3 week runs, but this time I have been from Canada to the Mexico border. I am in Laredo Texas right now, where the temp is 77 degrees, and the locals are wearing coats and hats. Man, I'm dying in a T shirt!
My delivery in San Antonio was at 6:30 this morning, so I had to leave Dallas around 2am to get there on time, and it was raining, hard. I have never seen rain like I've seen in Texas, I have driven through four rainstorms here in the past year where you just can't see anything in front of the windshield. Slow and steady wins that race, even if the people in around me don't see it that way.
I'm headed to Arkansas next, where I understand the weather has improved somewhat over the last week.
I almost forgot to mention, on my way to Texas last week, I stopped at the Petro in Joplin, MO. to fuel up. Some of you may be going "cool!" and some of you may be going "WHAT?" For the uninformed, that is the location of the Chrome Shop Mafia, and the Petro is where each episode of "Trick My Truck" is started from. The Mafia boys have their shop just across the street. "cool huh?"
OK, another quick video clip...

3 comments:

Sheepish Annie said...

I need to trick my truck...

Army_Wifey08 said...

I saw a blue shneider (or however you spell it) today. And a orange one, and a orange one with an orange trailer.

Anonymous said...

You'd better take lots of pictures if you ever see one of those "trick my truck" trucks. I've seen a few episodes and it would be cool to actually see the thing.