Friday, May 23, 2008

Pointed towards Colorado...that's west

Just a quickie update before I hit the hay. I decided to splurge for the 4.95 that the truckstop charges for a day on Internet connection to get a few things done online. I'm in Omaha Nebraska for the night, and the weather is overcast and windy. This is not one of those places I like to stay put in what with it being part of tornado alley and all, so I will be glad to push out of here in the morning.
Today marks my one week in the new truck. I have logged a little over 3,000 miles this week, and still like it. I have found some things that bother me, but nothing is perfect, and I will adjust to my new surroundings. Funny how things we call discomforts at first just become no big deal over time!
Schneider doesn't have much of a presence in the Midwest, so my next few days will be truckstop days. I'm fine with that, but Pilots are my preferred choice due to keeping the truck fueled (I really dig Sapp Bros. but they are few and far between) and there aren't as many Pilots out west. This can make fuel a bigger part of the driving equation, miss a fuel stop and it could be two hundred miles to the next one! I, for one don't feel like "pushing the pumpkin" anywhere...
No new cool pictures yet, I really have been keeping super busy. For those in the know, I have not taken a 34hr restart in the last 22 days, and I have been dancing on the edge of my 70hrs for a while now, but I haven't been over it. I have a great relationship with my dispatch team, and they have given me just as many miles as I can legally run. Nice to see some good paychecks again. You know...for that October wedding! :)

5 comments:

Sheepish Annie said...

Paychecks are good. If you get enough of them, you can afford to wear a crown at the "October" wedding. Linda says I can't wear a crown, but you are the groom so I'm pretty sure that you can. I'm ordering a sparkly headband that is not a crown at all but which will satisfy my need for sparkly headgear. Do you want me to get one for you, too?

Anonymous said...

Don't know where you are now, but when you come home there are ribs in the freezer for you.
Safe and happy driving,
Mom

AdmMike said...

Hey There,

Glad to see you are ok and liking the new truck. I love to travel, but trucking is not my thing, but it certainly sounds like it works for you quite well.

Post more when you get a chance Eric :)

Mike
F-BIL :)

Army_Wifey08 said...

wait i'm confused. I thought the wedding was in november.....

Army_Wifey08 said...

ummm...and I thought I needed to update...