Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Hey! Look! an update!!

I'm still chugging along out here, I made my delivery from Washington state to Michigan on time (2200 miles! $$$), this should make for a 4000 mile paycheck this week. Let the good times roll.

I have learned the hard way that five weeks on the road, then three days at home, then another five weeks on the road is not good for my disposition. I am working on doing my three week runs again wit five days at home. Five days is enough time to get home, pass out for a day, do something for a couple days, then spend a day getting ready to hit the road again. Three days compresses this schedule into a mad dash with no "me" time and that is unacceptable.

Funny story time, as you may recall, I swapped trucks a couple months ago and left my remote controls for my TV and DVD player in the old truck. I figured "old orange" would be left to rust in peace in PA, and I could just pick them up next time I ran through the OC, well I haven't been back to PA since I picked up the new truck so I had basically written off my remotes, bummer...
Fast forward to last week, I'm in our drop lot in Seattle WA, and look to my left, there is my old truck! with a couple of guys in it! I couldn't help but walk up to them and ask if they found my remotes in there, and if they still had them, Yep, they had both of them!

What are the odds that I would see my old truck on the opposite coast, and that the new drivers would still have my remotes! Good thing it was a nice day, I probably would have been struck by lightning next!

Anyhoo, time for bed, I'm off to WI tomorrow with a bunch of car parts.

3 comments:

Sheepish Annie said...

Well, hi there! Glad to hear you are reunited with your electronics. I can't imagine life without remotes...

Anonymous said...

How about that. My goodness, you are the lucky one! With these two remotes in hand you must be smiling as you drive every mile. Life is good!
Happy traveling to you over this weekend,
Mom

MRMacrum said...

I always tell my wife that the things I cannot find are not lost, they are just misplaced. Your tale reinforces my mindset.