Monday, October 13, 2008


After a few hectic days at home working on wedding plans, and an unexpected brake job on the car, I'm back in the truck. The problem is, I have a big orange tractor with no big orange trailer, this is not a cash generating scheme. Freight is REALLY slow right now, I mean beyond slow.

It's the kind of slow that makes me think something is wrong with the economy or something...huh.

My tractor was lent out as a loaner while I was on my time at home, and it hasn't returned yet, so I am in a loaner while mine works it's way back from wherever it may be. I don't take all of my stuff out when I park for home time, but I do take out most of the important things. Fortunately I have myself setup in my temporary digs well enough to run for the week. I have asked my team to just run me for as long as they can before returning me to PA and swap into my "Proper" truck.

Besides, I've snagged another auto tranny to play with. Maybe the novelty will wear off soon, but I do enjoy driving these things. Much less cruise control work!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful picture. Hope you get your truck back soon, and can complete this two week run before returning home for the REALLY BIG DAY !!
See you soon,
Mom

MRMacrum said...

My business at the bike shop for this period has dropped off by over 40%. I can certainly relate. Hnag in there. we have no choice I guess.