Sunday, October 19, 2008

Find me in the middle...a little to the right

Man, it seems like everyone in the blogosphere has a lot to say about politics these days. How does everyone become such a political expert every three and a half years, and then expect that everyone, no make that anyone, really gives a damn about what they have to say about it.

Funny political system we have here, but it is the best system out there. Freedom of speech, God bless it.

So in my best non-narcissistic way that I can muster for your consideration, here is my "OFFICIAL POLITICAL RANT" entry. Do it once and shut the hell up about it.

I believe in God and the separation of church and state.

Anything that can be done by the private sector can be totally screwed up by the Government.

Government oversight on portions of our society is critical, read: financial, transportation, education, energy, food and health care. I'm sure I've missed a few, but it's my rant and I'm allowed.

The private sector will progress faster than Government regulations, making them old and outdated before anyone notices. "There is never a problem until there is a problem".

Tom Allen has done more damage to the state of Maine over the last 10 yrs than global warming.

We were all ranting 8 yrs ago about how the "outsider" George Bush was going to be a fresh start after being exhausted with all the Clinton scandals, bringing decency back to the white house. Or how Clinton was going to bring change to the White House after "Bush 41", or how Regan was going to bring change after the Carter administration. etc...etc...Why do we all have 7.5year memories??!! SSDD.

I didn't like Baldiacci at first, but I have gotten used to him now. He got handed a bum deal from the start, and played a pretty good hand with it.

I would vote for the Palin/Biden ticket just like I would have voted for the Cheney/Liberman ticket. Why do the VP candidates interest me more than the top of the ticket?

I don't have a horse in this Prez. race, but I am voting for Collins and Snowe for as long as they want to run for office. Chellie Pingree? See Tom Allen rant above.

The more abusive we are on our politicians the worse the caliber of the candidate. Human nature I know, I know...

I struggle with the argument that the country can evolve, but the Constitution cannot, although I still believe the Constitution is not an evolving document.

Abortion is murder.

My last paycheck was $33.00, and I got a wedding coming up soon. Guess I'm getting a little edgy.

Have a nice day!

2 comments:

Sheepish Annie said...

I have a bad feeling that we may be canceling each other out votewise. I can live with that. I get the day off this year so it will be a happy day no matter what.

Meanwhile, I leave shortly to pick up your beloved for your wedding shower. You will get stuff. Stuff is good. Especially when the last paycheck was under forty bucks...

When you get home, maybe we can have a spirited debate over Roe vs. Wade? We can do it at Thanksgiving! That will be fun for everyone! ;)

Anonymous said...

love it! keep it uo. this stuff even makes sense...