Monday, September 17, 2007

Back on the Road






Sept 16, 2007

I’ve been working my way west since I left on the 14th. I’ve moved paper to Mass, and Tissues to Ohio, I am beginning to notice a theme here! Pretty uneventful stuff really, except that I’m losing my muffler. Now, a car can sound bad when the baffles fall out of it’s muffler, but this thing brings on a whole new meaning to LOUD, especially when using the engine brake, I can be heard for miles coming to a stop with that thing on!

I have requested that my next stop take me through an operating center to get that looked at. I mean Jeesh, I can’t even hear my Barry Manilow tapes over that noise!

(Laugh track here…)

Never wanting to be one to buck pop culture, I have a new companion along for the ride. Friends were “kind” enough to give me a ceramic gnome to accompany me in my travels. You know, like a gnome that roams…or something like that. If he doesn't wander off at some truck stop, or get caught under my wheels, he may have a good time.





Well, it’s off to watch a little TV, and enjoy a little down time. I don’t get unloaded until tomorrow morning, so I can hang out for a while in nowhere, oops I mean Alvada OH.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to hear from you. Oscar was asking today where you were and so I can tell him when I go over on Wednesday. He continues to follow your route. He tells me that your job is something that he always wanted to do. Dad

Unknown said...

Glad to know you are on the road and making deliveries. Sorry that you and the truck are making so much noise. You are getting better with the video portions. This one is great. Have safe and happy traveling for the next couple of weeks. Will see you in October,
Mom

Sheepish Annie said...

Good news...I've run out of "Convoy" lyrics. But, I hear good things about "Tombstone Every Mile" so maybe I'll have something soon to enhance my comments.

Safe Travels!