Saturday, September 1, 2007

Amarillo by Morning

Howdy from Plainsville TX.

Just a quick update today. I woke up this morning in Utah, and drove 600+ miles to TX to drop a trailer. Hopefully my next load will take me home, but I kinda doubt it.

Anyhoo, for those of you who don't know, today is the first day Mexican nationals can legally drive commercial vehicles into the states to make deliveries. Yes Mexican licensed trucks and drivers can now cross the border and run in the States.

A Feb. article, today Sept. 1, the trucks started rolling across the border.
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=54411

No I do not think this is a good idea, especially letting them drive hazardous material loads. Having spent some time in Laredo TX, which is on the Mexican border, and having ridden in a Mexican cab some years ago, the idea of these guys on American interstates scares me half to death.

Thank the President and the Senate for this one. The House tried to block it, with no success.

Putting Mexican trucks on American interstates on Labor Day weekend?? Sounds like a big bad accident waiting to happen.

Sorry for the rant, I think this is a really bad idea, especially with me sitting here in Texas.

3 comments:

Sheepish Annie said...

Watch that rearview mirror! Don't play chicken with any bad drivers! Keep the Pop Tarts safe at all costs!!!

I'll see you on Saturday assuming that you are able to safely navigate the highways and by-ways. Linda said I could come over and play with you guys...

"Ah, you wanna give me a 10-9 on that, Pig Pen? Negatory, Pig Pen; you're still too close. Yeah, them hogs is startin' to close up my sinuses. Mercy sakes, you better back off another ten."

Unknown said...

Ever think that those Spanish classes in high school would come in handy someday? Guess the day has arrived. Good luck ! Looking forward to seeing you home again.
Mom

Anonymous said...

Sounds like more rubber on the road. You know, like the kind that you left in Delaware or was it Virginia! Dad