Thursday, August 30, 2007

The camera adds 10 lbs...

Unscripted and unedited, what? You say you couldn't tell? gee, that's awful nice of you to say... George Lucas ain't got nothing on me! I promise to do a better job in the future!

My trip brought me through southern Utah. If you have never been through Moab, I highly recommend it. My multimedia machine consists of a camera phone that can take marginal photos, and even worse video. Pictures don't really do justice for just how BIG the deserts in the west are. Of course, the deserts are followed by the mountains. Fortunately, my load of chips was very light, and I had no problem getting here.










Having lived in Utah for four years, I was excited to come back and see all the changes that have taken place. I left before the Olympics happened here, and there has been a lot of construction going on, that's for sure!


I Found my way to my destination with no trouble, I didn't even need Edith to point the way, That may be a first!


Funny thing, when I lived out here, my commute took me past a large truck stop called Sapp Brothers, I always wanted to go there, but at the time I had a "real job", and felt like that would be a foolish thing to do. Well, my first stop when I dropped my trailer was said truck stop, which is where I am now. It is a nice place to spend the afternoon. My next pickup is tomorrow morning, I will spend the night here with my free Internet connection. Back to Texas in the morning!




5 comments:

Sheepish Annie said...

Cool video!!! But, I think it might be the Pop Tarts that add the pounds rather than the camera...or at least that's what I've heard anyway. Enjoy Utah!!

"By the time we got into Tulsa Town,
We had eighty-five trucks in all.
But they's a roadblock up on the cloverleaf,
And them bears was wall-to-wall."

(yeesh..I think I've started repeating lyrics! time for a new song!)

Unknown said...

Hey Jake,
I wondered when you might hit SLC. Maybe you should drive up to Enterprise and see if anyone is left. Well, maybe not. Looking forward to seeing you soon. That branch still needs to be cut! Dad

Unknown said...

Really cool video. Nice to hear your voice.
I remember our trip with you to that desert area of Utah. It is still as beautiful as it was then. You certainly captured the colors that I remember.
Have a safe trip, and will see you soon.
Mom

GoGo said...

The new construction is great in Salt Lake. The way they changed all the exit numbers stinks.

I always have to ask for directions or call the customer.

Roadside Manners said...

Yep, I was used to the old numbers. Maine did the same thing a few years ago, I'm still using the old numbers there too!