Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Hoping for no snow in West VA

All is well in the world of Edison, N.J. They have a shiny new trailer load of toilet paper courtesy of me. Afterwards, I had to go to one of my least favorite drop lots, South Kearny N.J. which is a little north of Newark. As usual traffic was horrible, and the roads will pound you to a pulp, but I had to get an empty trailer to take to another company in North Brunswick N.J. so I could get my next load, which is going to West Virginia.
Half the work of this job is the logistics of getting trailers where the stuff is that needs to be loaded in them, and then doing the deliveries. It's all extra miles for me, and that helps fatten the paycheck. It did take most of the day to get three trailers moved, so I am back in Carlisle for the night. I will get up tomorrow morning around 2am to make my delivery time in W VA. Driving in Jersey is not as bad as NYC, but it still takes a lot out of me. Best if I wait till the morning to hit the road again!






Can you believe it? Stuck in stopped traffic on the Jersey Turnpike...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Been there -- Done that. Looks like a clear road to me!

Unknown said...

Take care of all those delays before we hit the road. Thanks!
Don't see much snow there. That is a good thing.
Mom

Sheepish Annie said...

Don't worry about the snow. It's all here...