Saturday, January 12, 2008

Well, I finally got back to an Internet connection! Since my last post I have been to Ohio, New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts, and back to Ohio en route to Seattle Wa.

I won't be completing this run, but I will grab as much of the 2800 miles from it as I can. I have been joking with my dispatch planner that I always get these fantastic loads a few days before I'm supposed to go home...crazy. I wish I could get a run like this when I first leave the house for my 3 week run. The good news is however far west I get it delivered, I need to drive the same distance to get home. More miles= more money!

My New York stop was interesting. I got to the stop on time at 9am expecting a 1 hour unload. nine hours later, I was done and underway. This poor place had two guys working at it, and no loading dock. They had to unload each truck by hand, and I was fourth in line.

I get extra pay for stops like this, called detention pay, but it still is frustrating to walk into a deal like this. Oh well, it's not just a job, it's an adventure!

1 comment:

Sheepish Annie said...

I've reached the stage of life where a video of someone waiting is entertaining...this is not good!

Hey, have you ever seen The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy? It's on Sci Fi tonight and is quite entertaining. I'd suggest it as a rental for the road!