Tuesday, January 29, 2008

More shop time...

Yep, I'm back at it. Back on the road after several days of R&R at home. I apologize to anyone I didn't see while home, I really needed some serious down time "drool time" I like to call it.


Being an over the road (OTR) driver requires me to keep a log book, and in this log I have to account for every minute of every day. On the surface, this may not seem like such a big deal, and if you keep up on the book, it really isn't all that hard, but try keeping track of your entire day for a week and you will begin to understand the pleasure of not having to do it all the time. Feel like making a quick trip to the store? Just hop in the car and go...wonderful!!!

I'm having more work done on the truck right now, so I am hanging out in a hotel room in Seville OH. My delivery needs to be made tomorrow morning, the shop says the truck should be ready this evening, and I am only about 300 miles from my destination. Will I make it? I sure hope so. I took most of last week off, and when the wheels aren't turnin' I ain't earnin'. The paycheck is going to be a big fat $0.00 until I get some deliveries made.

I'm still working on the video stuff. What I'm thinking about doing is recording little video clips during the week, then stitching them all together for a video compilation, and posting that at the end of the week.


A in theory, hopefully not an F- in execution...





4 comments:

Army_Wifey08 said...

Your truck is broken again?!?! ::achmed:: HOLY CRAP!

Jsut thought I'd let you know I changed my blog address and name. the maineafornian way was just to long...it's now.

The military transplant.

My address is
http://militarytransplant.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Great to talk with you this afternoon. I am still very impressed with that little camera. (Although I still don't have one ---- yet.) Please Continue to let me know what you think of it.

Sheepish Annie said...

You sound snuffy. Did you bring your allergy medication? Don't try to be a big, tough trucker. Use your Puffs Plus!

Anonymous said...

Camera looked great tonight. I think you're mastering it.