Thursday, July 26, 2007

Back in the States

July 26






















Spent the last few days in Canada, I'm in Detroit now. Delivered a load of car parts to a warehouse here. I know, it's hard to believe there are car parts in Michigan, but honestly, there are a whole bunch of them!

While I was at the Toronto Operating Center, the Schneider ride for pride showed up. This is the truck I mentioned in a previous post. I got a good look at it, and the paint job is fantastic. They were letting people drive it around the lot, but I was on a really tight schedule, and the line was long, so I settled for a good look around the outside.


This is the seventh truck done to memorialize American soldiers. It travels the country (and Canada!) going to car shows and events for veterans. It is a big hit wherever it goes.



Time to find a shower and something to eat. I will be heading towards home soon, should be there by next Thursday. I always like that feeling. Three weeks on the road is a long time.
Don't Tailgate!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looking forward to seeing you in a few more days. Hot and humid here, so it is a good time to be on the road. Having a good time with the VA family. Nice picture of the truck.
Safe traveling,
Mom

Sheepish Annie said...

That's cool! Too bad you didn't get a chance to take her for a spin, but late is a bad thing in the life of a truckah.

"we got a mighty convoy, rockin' through the night; we got a mighty convoy, ain't she a beyoootiful sight?"