Sunday, July 22, 2007

Time for a new week

July 19

This was a better day then yesterday, I got my load completed at 6am this morning, and hit the road for northern Ohio. It rained like crazy, but traffic was light, and I trucked right along (pun intended…) There is an O.C., or Operating Center, for Schneider in Seville, which is where I am now. Almost all of he O.C.’s have free Internet access; I have learned tonight that Seville does not! So you will have to wait yet another day for my updates! I’m sure you are all gathering around the computer for the fireside blog…

When I got here, they did offer me a free meal. Not being one to look a gift horse in the mouth, I had a nice Salisbury steak with green beans and mashed potatoes. It may not sound that exciting, but to sit at a table, and use utensils is a small luxury on the road!

I think I’m finally getting my schedule, the delivery schedules, and my sleep schedule back in sync again. This is harder than it sounds. The DOT will only let truck drivers work a fixed number of hours per day, and within a fixed amount of time to work it in, so if you get yourself into a night driving situation, you can get stuck there for a week or two. I for one would rather drive during the day, and sleep at night. My problem lately has been needing to get up at 4am to start my day. Most people who know me are laughing out loud at that thought. Maybe they are thinking being on the road with me at 5am is not such a good idea too!


I’m off to Kentucky tomorrow once I get loaded in Ohio, OK OK, get the TRAILER loaded that is…
Keeping the round side down across America!

No comments: