Saturday, December 15, 2007

Big state ya' got here Mr Texan...

Got all loaded up this morning, and am headed to Oregon. I wonderful 2200 mile delivery that I will never be able to complete. This really is some kind of twisted karma, you see, if I take this all the way to Oregon, I won't make it home in time for Christmas.

Having missed every holiday this year, I'm digging my heels in on this one. I already have the time off from the 24-26th, and I plan on opening presents and being overly holly and jolly....

GRRRRR, I'm gonna have to relay this somewhere for another driver to finish, probably in Colorado or something. They told me to take it as far as I feel comfortable time-wise and work out the details on Monday. Okey Dokey, I'm gonna drive the crap out of this load and make up some lost miles.

Honestly, my goal is to drive it as far as I can before the chain requirement happens. That would be around Denver. I HATE putting chains on these trucks, never mind driving with them on. I am definitely an east coast snow driver.

Guess what? Texas has free Internet at their rest areas! This post comes to you courtesy of Texas. I took a look on Skype, but there is no one home. Y'all must be out shovelling. It's about 33 degrees here, will probably get colder as the sun goes down. I am almost into mountain time so there is still a little daylight out there.

3 comments:

Future SIL said...

Was a little worried about you going to Colorado then being home for christmas but now I know you will be home come H e (double hockey sticks) or high water. Can't wait for you to open presents and see what I got you. And it's not a watch.

Sheepish Annie said...

There was every reason to believe that one of us would have been storming out there to get you had this trip not worked out as planned.

It's Christmas, dammit!!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Glad to know you can work the timing out with this trip.
Snowing like crazy here this morning. Guess the weather folks were right. Must wait to see how much falls as snow, and how much comes in some form of rain, frozen or otherwise.
Take care, and will see you soon,
Mom