Friday, December 14, 2007

Still in Texas

Old man winter is really beginning to cramp my style. My two day layover in Texas is becoming a "three hour tour" on a deserted island. It's good to not be driving in the messy weather that seems to have gripped most of the country, and I am at a location with food, showers, and a great Internet connection, but them big wheels, they aren't turnin' (proud Mary just ain't burnin'), so the paycheck will continue to shrink for this week. I sure am glad the bills are caught up, and Christmas is paid for!

It's about 50 degrees, overcast and light rain. No shovelling going on here. It's just cold enough for me to be spending most of the day in the building, and not in the truck. The only problem is that there are about 50 people in the OC at any given time, and it gets really loud. This is a training location for student drivers, just like what I did in PA, and there are a lot of student "war stories" told over and over. It's becoming like water torture, so I have retreated to the truck, and put a coat on!

I'm going to do some web surfing, and hook up the SKYPE hardware www.skype.com and make the best of a boring situation.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Your down time certainly helps with the posting of recent adventures. My goodness, will you still remember how to get from point A to point B ? This certainly is a long time down.
We are due for a big storm this weekend.
Take care,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Well with the old man now with Skype and retired at least you have something to do until Linda gets home.
Dad

Sheepish Annie said...

I'll be home this weekend with Skype, too! Maybe we'll get a chance to touch base... Meanwhile, do your best to fill the hours and we'll see you when we get the state dug out.