Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Greetings from Nebraska



Well. I'm working my way home. I dropped my Oregon load in Centerville UT, which was a load of appliances going to the Lowes distribution center. Those of you who know me know I used to work in the Lowes delivery dept. These were the easiest appliances I have ever delivered! (and probably the most profitable)
Wyoming is looking a lot like Christmas. 50 mph winds and drifting snow makes for SLOW going. Just like anywhere else that gets snow and wind, snow drifts across the road and freezes, making for a slippery fight against a nasty crosswind. Taking ones time is the key to navigating this weather. It's not as if there is a lot of traffic out there!

I'm in between storms as I head east and I plan to stay in this bubble as long as possible. My dispatch team is really trying hard to get me home for Christmas, and I'm hoping Mother Nature holds up her end of the bargain too.

See you all soon!




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's good news, Jake. Hope you make it. Take care.
Dad

Unknown said...

Keep those wheels rolling along in that bubble. Have our fingers crossed that good weather is in front of you all the way home.
See you soon,
Mom

Sheepish Annie said...

I will take your driving words of wisdom to heart tomorrow. Should be a fun commute...ack!!!

Stay safe and we'll keep your stocking ready for ya!!!

(you know I won't go through it because we are getting the same stuff anyway...although I surely would like the extra Hershey's kisses!)

Army_Wifey08 said...

Looks like I'm just going to miss you coming home...I'm coming on the 27th. stinky...I'll leave your present under the tree....well were sargeant can't get it.

Anonymous said...

Excuse for that I interfere … To me this situation is familiar. I invite to discussion.